Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The Clone Wars: Brothers

Andrew Leon and I are watching Star Wars: The Clone Wars.  Every Tuesday, we will be featuring an episode from the series which began in 2008.

Episode: "Brothers"
Series: Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Season 4, Episode 21
Original Air Date: March 9, 2012
via Wookieepedia
Savage Opress is back.  Definitely one of the series's more interesting characters, Opress is now on a quest for his long-lost brother, none other than Darth Maul.  After roughing up a diner waitress, Opress hijacks a freighter to Lotho Minor, a junk world, where the astonishing truth is revealed.

Okay, I've gotta say that I'm not really down with this Darth Maul business at all.  Darth Maul is dead, sliced in half by Obi-Wan Kenobi in Phantom Menace.  Why the writers contrived to bring him back is puzzling to me.  The Savage Opress story is really plenty interesting enough without this.  Star Wars does ghosts just fine.  But resurrection?  It's unnecessary.

*****

via Star Wars Wiki
Early in the story, we see Asajj Ventress sitting with one of her new friends, the Theelin bounty hunter, Latts Razzi.  Razzi was first introduced in last week's episode as one of Boba Fett's crew.  She is voiced by Clare Grant.
via Wookieepedia
Clare Grant was born August 23, 1979 in Memphis, Tennessee.  She grew up on stage, beginning formal training in acting and singing at age 8.  In 2006, she was a back up singer for the band Wired All Wrong which toured as an opening act for Beck.  Her most prominent film roles were in Black Snake Moan and The Insomniac.  She has been married to Seth Green since 2010.

With her partner Rileah Vanderbilt, Grant co-founded Danger Maiden Productions which produces, among other projects, an online series, Team Unicorn.  Their biggest hit was a Star Wars/Meghan Trainor parody called "All About that Base":



Next week: "Revenge."

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, the Maul resurrection definitely makes me uneasy. I can only think that they used Grievous as justification since he's only a heart and a brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just unnecessary. So many other avenues worth exploring.

      Delete
  2. I am so lost. I really do not like when they bring back dead people. He was a great character but there are others.
    But what do I know I am just a little old lady.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  3. That base parody was so hilarious when I first heard it. Maul has been interesting in Star Wars Rebels so I like him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched Rebels. I'll leave it to Andrew to comment on that for now.

      Delete
    2. I still have only watched the first season. The second season is sitting here, but I haven't gotten to it, yet.

      Delete
    3. That's still more than I've watched.

      Delete